Πέμπτη, Ιανουαρίου 21, 2016

I believe in this life But not the afterlife

Brendan Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wintersun

 Can’t stop the hurt, can’t stop the bleeding
I am invisible
Can’t stop the thought, nor the feeling
I don’t exist at all
But when you call my name
Do you feel the same way?
That we’re trapped in time
We’re both living a lie

I live in a tower of my own creation
I’m indivisible
From the thoughts that make up all my memories
Transcendental

But when you call my name
Do you feel the same way?
That we’re trapped in time
We’re both living a lie

Many days have come and gone
Since the day I was born
And the autumn of life has finally come
With the promise of winter thorns

*********************

 I believe in this life
But not the afterlife
In a natural order
In the tree of life

Why pretend you can see
Beyond the clouds
Beyond all reason
Beyond all doubt
Come down from your mountain
Throw away the keys
Try to live your lives
In harmony

When you fall from the tree
Like a falling leaf
To return to the soil
Of mother earth
From cold earth you will seek
To return from the deep
To the warm embrace
Of father sun

I’m a believer
I believe
I’m a believer
In The Tree of Life

As you swim across the sea
Up mountain river streams
To the crystal pools
Where you were born
To return to the sea
On an ocean current stream
Back to the place
Where you belong 

***********************

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Μια αλλιώτικη Καθαρή Δευτέρα στην τουρκοκρατούμενη Ήπειρο

  Η ΚΑΘΑΡΗ ΔΕΥΤΕΡΑ Διήγημα του  Χρήστου Χρηστοβασίλη (1862-1937) Ήμουν τότε παιδί όχι πλειότερο από οχτώ χρονών και μαθήτευα στον παπα-Αντ...